This young bachelor came into the district the same time as Frank Ganseter, and homesteaded the N.E. 10-57-5. This was about 1910 or '11 and the place is the one Eddy Wise bought some years later. Ed never built a house or any other buildings on the quarter but lived with Frank in his log shack. They were very close friends and when Frank decided to leave his homestead, Ed did likewise and so they both left the district at the same time.